Adirondack Field is a Lake Placid-based lifestyle and apparel firm seeking a full-time salaried Store Manager to join our team and lead our coming flagship store on Main Street in Lake Placid. Founded in 2021, Adirondack Field is an American-made, environmentally-conscious brand outfitting customers with timeless style and comfortable apparel for anywhere they Leisure Adventurously®. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing company and further establish an exclusive Adirondack brand.
Adirondack Field is in the process of opening its first store on Main Street in Lake Placid. This will be the company’s first Store Manager. As such, the store manager will help to establish standards for operations, customer service, employment, merchandising, and checkout. Adirondack Field seeks someone who views this as an opportunity to expand their career and eventually help open additional stores in the future.
In the off-season (September – June), the Store Manager is expected to be in the store from 10am – 6pm Thursday – Monday (closed Tuesday and Wednesday). In the peak summer season, the Store Manager will have the opportunity to hire staff and flex their schedule. The store will be closed for two weeks every April and selectively in late October/early November.
- Lead selling strategies based on expert knowledge of the product and a client-centric approach
- Manage the business both in-season and with a long-term view balancing market awareness, product knowledge, and client focus
- Build and lead seasonal sales team
- Demonstrate business acumen through KPI’s to develop and support business driving strategies
- Ensure all front and back of house procedures are executed in a client-centered manner
- Oversee inventory processes
- Fulfill online sales orders from store inventory
- Implement tactics to manage and maintain an effective P&L strategy
- Plan ahead for future business needs to continually improve business results
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with the owners
- 2+ years of customer-facing work experience, retail experience a plus
- Dynamic interpersonal and communications skills, both verbal and written
- Highly- motivated by driving business in a fast-paced, innovative environment
- Business owner mindset with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Independent work ethic, time management skills, and personal accountability
- Computer skills to operate point of sale system, experience with Shopify a plus
Salary range: $35,000 base plus generous profit sharing
To Apply: Email email@example.com with a brief cover letter and resume.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Adirondack Field does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, citizenship, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or because of any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.